[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 rpm's for RPMFusion?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:02:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> wrote:
>> The RPMFusion mailing lists seem dead and I think the maintainer watches
>> this list...  Any news on mythtv 0.26 packages?

Nope... Not a lot of traffic on the list, but not dead. I watch both.

> There was discussion on list:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/525703
>
> regarding build issues with compiling 0.26 and the (then available)
> libcrystalhd version (and the newer one only available on pre-alpha F18).
> I believe the newer libcrystalhd versions have now been released to F17,
> but AFAIK there is no back-port to F16, so that might complicate
> Richard's packaging of MythTV 0.26 for Fedora.

I've done some test packages and I'm looking at building for rawhide
soon. Currently the libx264 in F16 is also too old (soversion <118,
which is the minimum requirement).

I usually wait a little while after a release because serious bugs are
often found once a wider audience has tried installing. Also I have to
be careful because anyone using the RPM Fusion repos will
automatically get the "upgrade" unless they explicitly exclude mythtv
in their yum configuration.

Ideally I would like x264 updated in F16 because I like to keep the
version in sync between all supported Fedora releases. This can be
important if you're running a BE on an older system that works and you
don't want to update (let's say F16 in this case) but you use a newer
Fedora release on a FE.

Richard