[mythtv-users] Lost all recordings because of ".xsession-errors" file

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 01:19:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Steve Malenfant <smalenfant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tonight me and wife sat down to watch a show... Only 5 recordings left...
> Hmmm...
>
> Get into the shell and check it out, 1.2TB used of 1.3TB but space left is
> 0. Alright. I've seen this in the past.
>
> Although what I've never seen is that my mythtv directory is EMPTY!
>
> A file named .xsessions-errors in my home directory was 937GB.

I had a similar thing happen a VERY long time ago (maybe almost 10
years ago) back when I was running what was then Mandrake.  It turned
out to a xine video player process that had appeared to have just
quit, but was actually still running in the background generating
errors in a loop apparently...totally ran out my home partition.  This
of course was a very old version of xine however.

Tom