[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Oct 12 18:00:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 07:15:30AM -0400, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > I didn't have time this morning to give it multiple tries, so I just
> > bumped it right to 120 seconds and it worked. The logs are below. It
> > looks like we had about a 45 second pause. As for the reason why, I
> > haven't looked at the SD output in a few years, but isn't it broken
> > into multiple sections...like <list of channels><list of
>
> Ouch.  I don't know much about the internals of the SD downloads.  It's
> possible this has always been the case but wget was shielding us with
> its 900-second read timeout.  45 seconds is way too long to set as the
> default timeout in MythDownloadManager, so we may have to pursue the
> ability to set the timeout on a per-download basis.  I sent a message
> to Gavin about this, I think he made the conversion from wget to MDM,
> so I'd like to get his insight.

What I don't understand is why it needs to download so much data... all he
is doing is retrieving his lineups.  Perhaps someone should work with the
SD developers to have a query created that just returns the names/id of the
lineups.  A separate query could retrieve the channels for the selected
lineup.