[mythtv-users] New installation - Mythweb not showing listings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Oct 12 14:51:42 UTC 2012

On 12/10/12 15:21, Joseph Fry wrote:
>> I have just upgraded my HTPC to MythTV ver 0.25
>> (mythtv-common-0.25-20120602.**0.1.mga2 from RPM under Mageia 2 --
>> Linux pvr 3.3.8-desktop586-2.mga2 #1 SMP Mon Jul 30 21:35:45 UTC 2012 i686
>> i686 i386 GNU/Linux)
>>
>> I've got some hangups. For one, LIRC no longer works.  I have a message up
>> on the LIRC mailing list and we'll see how that goes.
>>
>> I'm also struggling to get Mythweb to show listings.
>>
>> Recorded programs, upcoming recordings, etc. all look good, but as of
>> 01:00 this morning I have no schedules.
>>
>> I've scanned channels in mythtv-setup. run mythfilldatabase and nothing is
>> populating that stuff.
>>
>> I am getting this in the backend status:
>>
>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2012-10-11 23:59:17.000528 and is
>> mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into the Guide for 1
>> of 1 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.
>> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: 2012-10-13 16:19.
>> There's guide data until 2012-10-25 04:00 (13 days).
>> DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on Sun Jul 7 2013 1:12 PM
>>
>> Don't know if that's something to worry about or not.
>>
>> This seems like it could be a simple thing, but I can't for the life of me
>> figure out what's going on.
>>

> Well you have a schedule... especially if your upcoming recordings looks
> good.  I don't know how it's possible for mythweb to not show your
> listings, unless perhaps it's displaying the wrong date (more than 2 weeks
> in the future)?
>
> If it were happening in the frontend, I would suspect you were displaying
> "favorite" channels only, and simply didn't have any defined... but mythweb
> doesn't use favorites as far as I know.

I got flummoxed by this one time until I discovered that mythweb won't display
channels where the 'channum' field has no value. This happens occasionally -
although I should point out I'm in the UK where things happen differently.

Check your database, the 'channel' table, see what values the various fields
have been given. That may give you some clue as to what's happening.

--

Mike Perkins