[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 12 07:24:00 UTC 2012

* On Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 02:06:14AM -0400, Joseph Fry wrote:
> I am trying to follow that log file, just so I better understand how to
> interpet them in the future.  I see the download start at 22:02:38, and
> work fine up to  22:02:42, where it has downloaded 53402 bytes.  Then
> nothing for 10 seconds, when it finally fails the download at 22:02:52.

You're following it correctly I believe.

>  This looks to me like the timeout is only after 10 seconds with no
> data received.

Yes, this particular timeout is if we don't receive any status update
from QNetworkAccessManager for more than 10 seconds which means the
download may have stalled for some reason.

You are right, it may be an SD issue that we can't account for, that's
why I was curious how many channels we are talking about, and if it does
help if the timeout is 15 or 20 seconds instead of 10.  We used to use
wget to download data from Schedules Direct, and now have switched to
using the internal MythDownloadManager which uses QNetworkAccessManager,
so this could be an issue with SD or it could be that we just aren't
waiting long enough, so I wanted to err on the side of caution and make
sure that we get a bugfix in soon if it's something we can account for
on our side.  According to the wget man page, the default read timeout
for wget is 900 seconds, so we're timing out much quicker now since
switching to using our own internal download code.

--
Chris