[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Oct 11 23:28:19 UTC 2012

>  I am sure it isn't pulling the lineup because there is nothing to select

>>> It is cox, not sure what you mean when you say "see my message"
>>>
>>>  Yes, he was a little terse in his response, but I think he means that
>> in his previous post in this thread he pointed out (or at list this is
>> what I think he was saying) that you do not have any channels
>> configured in your schedules direct lineup...ie: your lineup is empty,
>> so there is nothing to download. I'm not sure that makes sense,
>> because even if the lineup were empty I'd expect it to at least show
>> up in the list of possible lineups, but I believe you said that box
>> was empty.
>>

> What I tried to say in my other response was that it seemed that even
> though the GUI didn't show any lineups, one was set in your Video Source:
>

> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.624980 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:600
> (Run) - Updating source #1 (cox) with grabber schedulesdirect1
> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.625235 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:620
> (Run) - No channels are configured to use grabber.
>
> However, it's possible that "cox" in that message is actually the Video
> Source name and not the SD lineup name.
>
> For now, please try setting the grabber to "No grabber".  Then, exit
> mythtv-setup and re-enter mythtv-setup.  From there, how I would proceed
> depends on what type of capture device you're using, so I'll need to know
> what you're trying to configure.  (In the meantime, you can see if just
> changing it to "No grabber" and exiting, then going back in jars it into
> working.  Also, you may want to try the "reset all Video
> Source/Channel/Capture Card" approach described at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#**264034<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034>.  If the problem is something messed up in your configuration, that will
> remove the misconfiguration, then it's just a matter of re-configuring it
> correctly.)

I don't believe it's an issue that would be resolved like that... he has
reinstalled several versions of mythbuntu and mythtv, several times, on
different hardware, and even on a different network.

I suspect he is doing something during installation that is causing this...
perhaps it's an issue with his mysql password, or the way he is
partitioning, etc.... other than a SD account issue (and he even tried
creating a new one and changing passwords... and the account works fine on
his existing backend)... I can't find any other common element except the
installation itself.