[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 11 22:24:53 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 06:56 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Krys Allen wrote:
>>>
>>> What lineup are you trying to set?  Cox?  If so, see my message.
>>
>> It is cox, not sure what you mean when you say "see my message"
>>
> Yes, he was a little terse in his response, but I think he means that
> in his previous post in this thread he pointed out (or at list this is
> what I think he was saying) that you do not have any channels
> configured in your schedules direct lineup...ie: your lineup is empty,
> so there is nothing to download. I'm not sure that makes sense,
> because even if the lineup were empty I'd expect it to at least show
> up in the list of possible lineups, but I believe you said that box
> was empty.

What I tried to say in my other response was that it seemed that even
though the GUI didn't show any lineups, one was set in your Video Source:

2012-10-10 13:02:34.624980 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:600
(Run) - Updating source #1 (cox) with grabber schedulesdirect1
2012-10-10 13:02:34.625235 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:620
(Run) - No channels are configured to use grabber.

However, it's possible that "cox" in that message is actually the Video
Source name and not the SD lineup name.

For now, please try setting the grabber to "No grabber".  Then, exit
mythtv-setup and re-enter mythtv-setup.  From there, how I would proceed
depends on what type of capture device you're using, so I'll need to
know what you're trying to configure.  (In the meantime, you can see if
just changing it to "No grabber" and exiting, then going back in jars it
into working.  Also, you may want to try the "reset all Video
Source/Channel/Capture Card" approach described at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  If
the problem is something messed up in your configuration, that will
remove the misconfiguration, then it's just a matter of re-configuring
it correctly.)

Mike