[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Oct 11 17:58:48 UTC 2012

Dan,
     I just checked the showinfo filter out and you are right I cannot
find a reliable correlation between what ffmpeg indicates as a keyframe
and what MythTV put in the seektable when recording. Ffmpeg indicates
there are significantly more keyframes than MythTV identified. The
ffmpeg keyframe numbers are not close to what is in the seektable. I
tried to see if there was some sort of base shift number that could be
used in a formula but nothing was apparent.

     For my HD-PVR 720p recordings the keyframes are almost always 128
frames apart starting after the first non-zero keyframe.  I noticed that
ffmpeg shows a consistent 32 frames apart. Even though 32 is a multiple
of 128 it still looks too inconsistent to extrapolate. I think the 32
frame number is the same as what mythcommflag --rebuild inserted for the
same HD-PVR 720p recordings. I would have to check but am too busy right
now.

Interesting but does not help.

Doug