[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 10 19:09:57 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 02:44 PM, Krys Allen wrote:

>>> I went to that link and was prompted, after entering my credentials I got
>>> the "GET method" error.
>>>
>>> I think I might have mislead you somehow. I haven't moved a working
>>> install to new hardware. I have a working install that I shutdown and
>>> removed the disk on, so that I could test a fresh install on hardware that
>>> I know has worked. I have also tried fresh installs on different hardware
>>> and even on VM. I am confident that my network isn't the issue because I do
>>> have my working install on the same network, also I can hit Schedules
>>> Direct manually. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I have tried
>>> it on different types of hardware (and even my known working hardware). I
>>> am at a loss and becoming frustrated!!
>>>

>> Ahh yes, I was confused by the sentence "I even pulled the drive out of
>> my current working myth 0.25 back-end and tried on that hardware
>> which previously worked fine, and it wont even work.".
>>
>> One more thing to try, delete all of the ~/.mythtv/config.xml file for all
>> user accts, then rerun mythtv-setup to recreate it.  Perhaps one of the
>> updates is migrating blank data from the depreciated mysql.txt during the
>> installs?
>>
>> If that doesn't work try running the following command: "mythfilldatabase
>> --dd-grab-all -v file,network --loglevel debug --logpath /tmp" and post the
>> log file somewhere (pastebin).  The log file should tell us where it's
>> breaking down.
>>

> Ok, i deleted the config file, went back through setup and got the same
> deal. Ran the command manually and here is the link to the pastebin
> http://pastebin.com/kB468xPN
>
> > From what I can tell it looks like the mythfilldatabase actually worked...
> but ill let you tell me what you see.

Running mythfilldatabase--regardless of options--before you select a
lineup for a video source is a no-op.  mythfilldatabase should complete
"successfully," saying that there's nothing to do because your Video
Source(s) is misconfigured.  That said, it seems that your channel
lineup is properly specified and you just need to add channels to it:

2012-10-10 13:02:34.624980 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:600
(Run) - Updating source #1 (cox) with grabber schedulesdirect1
2012-10-10 13:02:34.625235 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:620
(Run) - No channels are configured to use grabber.

(and until you do, running mythfilldatabase will just exit successfully
saying there's nothing to do).

Mike