[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Wed Oct 10 16:33:47 UTC 2012

Firstly, thanks for adding the stdout/stderr output, it works as requested.

The good news is v0.1.2 no longer crashes for subtitle issues. However,
I'm having the same issue as Scott with ccextractor. It is unable to
pull subtitle from my HDHR recordings. The log shows mediainfo detects
both EIA-608 and EIA-708 subtitle formats. Is there any other
alternative to ccextractor that might work?

Your script also seems to generate incorrect tpage option for
ccextractor (not that this would help with my issue). Some tpage options
are single digits in my case, yet ccextract requires a tpage size
between 100 and 899. Not sure if this is decimal or hex, as I also see
tpage of "CC1" which does not generate an error.

Another major concern with your code is error handling. Since ccextract
failed (error code 232 for no supported stream and 44 for invalid
tpage), I expected your code to also fail. However, it completes with
successful return code at the end of the cut file generation. I tested
with the -r option on an old news recording and the original recording
(with the CC) was replaced. You should have a check to ensure that if
any process fails your code should return an appropriate error code and
destructive options such as -r would be prevented.

Let me know if you need actual logs or sample recordings. I have not
provided any because Scott's sample on pastebin are almost identical to
mine.