[mythtv-users] was add season and episode number to parameters for mythlink.pl

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Wed Oct 10 06:39:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Jason Flatt <jflatt at cox.net> wrote:

> (sorry if this gets messed up, my phone doesn't allow me to bottom-post)
> Absolutely, there's a few improvements to these scripts that could be
> made.  I'm not proficient in perl, so I just tacked on a couple more
> variables to support season/episode.  It is consistent with the rest of the
> script.  It looks like perl can support sprintf and strftime, which can be
> used to cut this script nearly in half.  Also, the mythlink.pl should be
> able to query Program.pm for the list of formatters that can be used, so
> that they don't need to be maintained in two places.  I can take a look at
> these issues when I find time.
>  One other note, in my testing of about 10 very recent recordings, only
> about 5 of them had season and episode numbers, with the output format
> results being zeroes.  Of course, your results may be different.On 9/26/12
> 11:34 PM Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 9/26/2012 23:24, Jason Flatt wrote:
> > +        $rseason = "0$rseason"   if ($rseason < 10);
> > +        $repisode = "0$repisode" if ($repisode < 10);
>
> Surely Perl has a better mechanism than that to provide zero padding.

late in on this thread but this feature excites me too...
Thanks for the info.
One other feature that would be worthwhile but I don't think is in there
yet would be to distinguish between movies and TV Shows so that links to
Movies could be generated into one directory structure and links to TV
shows into another. I assume the best way of doing this might be to have
mythlink.pl read an additional parameter to restrict it's output to a
certain content type. That way you could run it twice, once for each
content type in your library.

Cheers

Phil