[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Oct 9 15:57:48 UTC 2012

Andre,
     On the slave backend run in a terminal a command line like:

 > lossless_cut -f "/path to the problem/recordedfile.mpg" -e -k

This will show you if the script runs at all and even if it runs to
completion the log file will not be deleted.

Just so you know there is a script abort that will occur if there are
subtitles but only one subtitle track. I am testing that fix now.

If you just want to test then a temporary work around which will skip
any subtitle logic is to add the "-S" option which strips out all but
the first video and first audio track. Any other tracks are dropped.

 > lossless_cut -f "/path to the problem/recordedfile.mpg" -e -k -S

Good luck

Doug