[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV for blind/visually impaired

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Tue Oct 9 06:26:34 UTC 2012

Helen Buus wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think I've got something that Lee and his wife, Maria, will find of
> some use and source that MP can tinker with. It's all in the attached
> file, mythspeech-0.1.tgz
WOW!!!!  This is AWESOME!!!  She is SOOO  Excited!   The menu works, and
announces each option just as we wanted, going into recordings speaks
each recorded show as it's  selected, etc.

The two issues so far:

When looking at the program guide for live tv, nothing is announced when
you move around the listings.  when leaving live tv, the menu still
talks properly.

When playing music, nothing was announced there, and upon leaving
mythmusic, the talking stopped.  I assume the process crashed.  What log
should I look in?

Thanks So much!!!!

Lee & Maria