[mythtv-users] SSD disk for DB

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 01:04:53 UTC 2012

Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> says:
> I wonder how mysql and myth would react to running out of memory for
> the temp table? I'd assume mysql would just generate an error
> (rather than crash), and that mythfrontend would likewise detect the
> failed query.

I've seen mythbackend both crash and not crash in such
circumstances. Another way to generate extra-large results is
previewing a schedule change without making any changes; I find
mythbackend crashes roughly half the time (on 0.25) in such cases,
with a

     QMYSQLResult::cleanup: unable to free statement handle

on the console, and a message in dmesg like

    mythbackend[7071]: segfault at a1 ip 00000000000000a1 sp
    00007fd06ef7b1d8 error 14 in mythbackend[400000+1aa000]