[mythtv-users] adding files from elsewhere to myth

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 21:17:39 UTC 2012

I've mythtv 0.25.2, OTA wit hdhr dual.

I generate (flv,mpg) files from publicly available, commercial laden,
tv streams. I'd like to add these files to mythtv recording list, and
need them processed by mythcommflag above all.

I've couple of local channels that I never watch stuff on – so either
I can pin these hourly dumps to those, or float a new channel. If i
have the know-how, that is, and hence this email. :)

I've seen recommendations to name the file as 1091_20121008070000.mpg,
and have myth.rebuilddatabase.pl run against those files etc -  i am
afraid these instructions are old, and does not apply to 0.25 that I
am on.

So in summary, how do I add files from elsewhere to mythtv?

Many thanks in advance!