[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Oct 8 08:31:40 UTC 2012

On 07/10/2012 20:15, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 5 October 2012 09:46, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
>
>         Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
>         --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The
>         Vest"
>         --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/__Transcoded --passthrough"
>         in the
>         terminal, I get:
>
>         "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>
>         Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it
>         means.  The
>         script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings
>         before,
>         when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.
>

>     The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
>     flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
>     height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
>     guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
>     script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
>     any such files?
>

>     Cheers,
>              Paul.
>
> Thanks Paul,
>
> The log file just shows the same error message.  Although I did notice
> the following line in the terminal when running the command:
>
> /var/log/mythtv/mythar2012-10-07-20:14:09.log: Permission denied

Ah right: you need to run the job as user mythbackend (or whatever
user the server runs as).

> Removing the log file and then re-running the script makes no
> difference, log file appears again with the same error line, odd.
>
> I came to the conclusion that this message also appears when the script
> is given a non-existant program to work on.  Giving "--starttime" a junk
> value returns the same error message.
>
> So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
> database.  The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is
> going into the script:
>
> 1004_20120429205500.mpg
>
> But in the database, the start time is listed as:
>
> 2012-04-29 19:55:00
>
> Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being
> in the UK, with daylight savings etc

I'm running in the UK and I've never seen that difference. The names
have always corresponded to the local time when it recorded. I do
often see 2 mins difference because of the recording rule having
been set up to add 2 mins to the beginning.

> Trying the same recording, but with mythtranscode, I get:
>
> mythtranscode --chanid "1004" --starttime 20120429205500 --honorcutlist
> -m -v -o /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/new.mpg
>
> "Couldn't find recording for chanid 1004 @ 2012-04-29T20:55:00Z"

What happens if you try 20120429195500? What value appears as
%STARTTIME% if you run the user job?

> Which backs this up.
>
> I don't know the workings of mythtranscode etc, but should it not
> convert accordingly to get the correct time for the recording start?
>
> Paul, I realise this may now be beyond your script and more of a general
> mythtv issue
>
> Any thought's anyone?

As you say, not a problem with the script. Possibly a mythtv bug, but
strange if no-one-else has seen it.

Cheers,
	Paul.