[mythtv-users] Station ID in FE INFO display under MacOS

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 7 20:37:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:30:33 +0100, LeRoy Dorman <ldorman at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> I am running mythfrontend 0.25 on a MacbookPro running 10.7.5 with a
> AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 M display which has 1440x900 display resolution.
> The server runs Suse12.1 on an old MoBo.
>
> The INFO panel which pops up when doing a channel up/down does notdisplay
> the channel station/station ID. There are just 3 dots or maybe stars.
> It looks like a format/font problem.
>
> Is there an option to change the font size or fix this some other way?
>
> The display is fine when running frontend on the same box as the backend.
>
> LeRoy Dorman

There are no options to change fonts etc. as this is purely determined by
the theme you're using.

The 3 dots indicate that the text is too big to fit in the space allocated
by the theme.

The easiest fix is to try a different theme - you may get lucky.

If you want to modify your existing theme you need to modify the theme's
osd.xml (window "browse_info") to give it more space or use a smaller
font. I can't find a reference to the exact process for modifying theme
files but the general theme guide is
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development. Copy the relevant
osd.xml to /home/<user>/.mythtv/themes/<theme-name>/ before modifying it -
myth will use it automatically.