[mythtv-users] Will mythbuntu 10.04 get 0.26?

Scott harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:52:09 UTC 2012

>> On this note...what's the issue with LIRC? I seem to remember some
>> massive threads about that and keytables but even Googling stuff right
>> now I'm confused as to whether LITC is what a) we should still be
>> using or b) does it get messed up removed in the upgrade to 12.04?
>>
>> Currently running Mythbuntu 11.04 and 25-fixes. If I make the jump to
>> 12.04, will my mceusb remote no longer be working out of the box? Does
>> Mythbuntu handle the change? (I have some of their tweaks like the
>> power/clear mapping that restarts the frontend.)
>There are certainly difficulties with lirc and there are many many threads on mythbuntu forums about it. I don't use lirc so I have no formula to recommend.

>I think the answer lies in setting the remote up again from mythbuntu control centre. But the issue is very confusing given the number of remotes marketed as MCE.

> Thanks.

I can’t speak for all, but the only lirc issue I had was the names of of several keys changed in .mythtv/lircrc by having “KEY_” appended to the beginning of them. So “Blue” became “Key_Blue” and Power became “Key_Power”, etc.  Wasn’t major, I just fired up irw floated through the keys, noted the ones that changed and did a find and replace on the lircrc file that I’d been carrying around since my first Mythbuntu install way back when.  Once it was working, I simply copied it to my other machines.