[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Oct 6 17:35:16 UTC 2012

On 06/10/12 16:06, Dave Pearson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Â Since upgrading to 0.26 this morning I have been unable to play live tv
> from my PVR250 cards (my DVB-T cards are OK).
>
> Â When I switch to one of the PVR250's, the frontend display goes black and I
> cannot escape back to the menu, the only way out is to kill the frontend
> process.
>
> Â While the frontend is displaying the black screen, the video file is
> created, grows in size and can be played in mplayer.
>
> Â It is possible to record programs OK.

Are you sure you mean a PVR-250? Those are tuners only, no display output. If
you mean, when you switch to analogue to use a PVR-250 as a source you have no
signal, likely your analogue transmission has now disappeared. That's what the
digital switchover was all about.

If you are talking about a PVR-350, there are several recent posts here about those.

--

Mike Perkins