[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sat Oct 6 01:32:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

>>> It bit me big time and is the exact error in the start of this thread.
>>> 12.04.1 LTS.  Still haven't got it to work....

>> Did you verify that the 4 commands I posted return appropriate values?
>> Did you test logging into mysql with all 4 of those values?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
>
> I wonder if it has to do with /etc/mythtv/config.xml not being "upgraded"?
>
> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Ok, now you're just guessing. That doesn't make any sense, your DB
credentials don't change during an upgrade, so there wouldn't be any
reason to "upgrade" the file. Further, as I've said before, on a clean
install the upgrade works fine, so it's something specific to your
system.

I'll ask again, this time to you. Did you verify that the 4 commands I
posted return appropriate values? Did you test logging into mysql with
all 4 of those values?

If I were to guess what may have happened, it's that at some point in
the past you reset your DB info and didn't update
/etc/mythtv/config.xml, and because mythtv no longer uses mysql.txt in
0.26 you are just now seeing the issue on package upgrade.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos