[mythtv-users] Delete Oldest not working

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Oct 5 16:12:48 UTC 2012

> I was able to resolve the "ERROR when trying to delete file" error by
> creating an empty file in the Storage folder.
>
> As a test, I decided to start recording the news every night, and keep
> only 5 episodes.  This is also working correctly.
>
> Sesame Street is also working (somewhat).  A maximum of 17 episodes are
> kept, even though I have it setup to only keep a max of 15.
>
> So, for some reason or another, this "Delete oldest" issue appears to be
> local to the Sesame street recording schedule.  Are there any additional
> parameters that could affect how mythtv determines if certain episodes
> should be excluded from the "Delete oldest" list?  I only have one episode
> set to preserved, so I'm not sure why 2 extra episodes are being kept.

Are any of those episodes set to not expire?  Are any the result of a
different recording rule?  Are any of them in a different storage group,
like LiveTV?

I don't know the logic used, but I know if I wrote it I wouldn't include
non-expiring recordings against my total, and would exclude livetv so that
someone who is scanning channels and lands on sesame street doesn't prevent
it from recording the full episode at a later time.