[mythtv-users] PVR-150 frequencies

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:22:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/04/2012 04:39 PM, Roald wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Roald wrote:
>>>
>>> On some channels I can see a picture, with horrible quality, it seems
>>> like the frequencies are off.
>>
>> Here is an example: http://imgur.com/GzBQ0
>>
>>> How can i tune to a channel now? It seems ivtv-tune.pl has disappeared.
>>
>> The example over is actually showing the wrong channel, it should have
>> been from NRK1, but I can clearly see the TV2-logo. The frequency for
>> NRK1 is E06 (182250) and for TV2 E07 (189250).
>>
>> Seems there might be something about the tuning.
>>
>> I forgot to mention that both of the PCR-150 behave the same.
>
> What frequency table did you specify in mythtv-setup?  It sounds like (and
> looks like) you have the wrong one specified.

Thanks for replying. I am using europe-west, which I have been using
since 2004. Also there has been no changes in this for a few years.
And I have always had to input my own frequencies via mythweb (have
checked these and they look correct), so I do not think this is the
problem.

I deleted the cards, and added them again, but that doesn't seem to
have made any difference. Just to double-check, a PVR-150 is a MPEG-2
Encoder Card, right?

I also found  v4l2-ctl and it seems to show the right frequency when
recording. Also I have changed channels and tried to cat to a
temp-file and watching that in vlc with the same result (static)

I have an old PVR-350 somewhere that I will test. Maybe both of my
PVR-150's broke? Sounds weird, but..

It seems to be very difficult to find an analogue card in Europe these
days.. And because of cost reasons I'd rather not upgrade to digital.

--
Regards Roald Amundsen