[mythtv-users] Quiet cheap frontend for 1080p

chris biddick c.biddickfam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:16:32 UTC 2012

I have had good luck with a Zotac zbox ion d525.  Its tiny, almost
perfectly silent.  I have it setup as the primary FE/secondary BE.  It is
recording 2 programs from my HD HOMERUN to USB drive.  Playback with vdpau,
1080 is fine. Commflag jobs run quickly while I'm asleep.  I got mine with
DVD player, probably should have spring for blue Ray...  Control it with
mythmote, or simple mce remote.  Now using a xmas gift harmony 700 instead
of mce.
I will say it seemed to playback better in .24 than it does now in .25.
I'm still on fence about .25, seems buggy.
Initial setup of the zotac ( in .24) had me searching internet for settings
for about a week though.
Good luck with whatever you choose .
Chris