[mythtv-users] PVR-150 frequencies

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:29:08 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have the last days experience a weird problem with my setup. I have
a Centos 6 MythTV-backend, and two PVR-150s in that. I have tried
several of the available kernel, seemingly without any different
result. I am located in Norway, Get as TV provider.

Version of MythTV (from atrpms) is

MythTV Version : v0.25.2
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

All channels seem to have gone static for me for about the last week.

I have checked the frequencies and they should not have changed. They
have not changed on my telly. I checked them via my providers webpage
and they say it hasnt been any changes for the last year.

I have checked the cables, there is a telly connected to the same
antenna switchbox, and I have tried moving the cables around, and the
telly works fine with all combinations.

Catting /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 gives static, which is probably
correct since it may not be tuned to any channels.

Before today, I had not rebooted for a long time, probably a month or
two. I seems the problem started about a week ago, 27 september.

On some channels I can see a picture, with horrible quality, it seems
like the frequencies are off.

How can i tune to a channel now? It seems ivtv-tune.pl has disappeared.

Any ideas?

dmesg|grep ivtv:
ivtv: Start initialization, version 1.4.2
ivtv0: Initializing card 0
ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
ivtv 0000:04:02.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18
ivtv0: Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)
ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
cx25840 1-0044: cx25843-24 found @ 0x88 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
wm8775 1-001b: chip found @ 0x36 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
IRQ 18/ivtv0: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on shared IRQs
ivtv0: Registered device video0 for encoder MPG (4096 kB)
ivtv0: Registered device video32 for encoder YUV (2048 kB)
ivtv0: Registered device vbi0 for encoder VBI (1024 kB)
ivtv0: Registered device video24 for encoder PCM (320 kB)
ivtv0: Registered device radio0 for encoder radio
ivtv0: Initialized card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
ivtv1: Initializing card 1
ivtv1: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
ivtv 0000:04:03.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
ivtv1: Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)
ivtv1: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
ivtv1: Reopen i2c bus for IR-blaster support
cx25840 2-0044: cx25842-23 found @ 0x88 (ivtv i2c driver #1)
wm8775 2-001b: chip found @ 0x36 (ivtv i2c driver #1)
IRQ 16/ivtv1: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on shared IRQs
ivtv1: Registered device video1 for encoder MPG (4096 kB)
ivtv1: Registered device video33 for encoder YUV (2048 kB)
ivtv1: Registered device vbi1 for encoder VBI (1024 kB)
ivtv1: Registered device video25 for encoder PCM (320 kB)
ivtv1: Initialized card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
ivtv: End initialization
ivtv 0000:04:03.0: firmware: requesting v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw
ivtv 0000:04:02.0: firmware: requesting v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw
ivtv1: Loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (376836 bytes)
ivtv0: Loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (376836 bytes)
ivtv1: Encoder revision: 0x02060039
ivtv0: Encoder revision: 0x02060039

--
Regards Roald Amundsen