[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 0.26 Update

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:26:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Mario Limonciello <
> mario.mailing at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> This should be fixed with the 10/4 builds.
> >>
> >> There was two snafu's here:
> >>
> >> 1) The packaging branch didn't have fixes/0.26 branched when everything
> >> else was branched for release.
> >> 2) The Ubuntu packaging scripts were checking for the latest fixes
> version
> >> and had a fallback to master when that didn't exist.
> >>
> >> I've added some commits around the autobuilder to query directly for the
> >> current fixes version (from github) to make sure that this can't happen
> in
> >> the future (when 0.27 gets released or so).  Fortunately there weren't
> any
> >> database changes yet in 0.27, so moving from the 10/3 "0.27pre" builds
> >> 10/4 builds shouldn't be any trouble.
> >

> > Should there be an announcement on the MythBuntu.org site AND here on the
> > list stating that MythBuntu Control Center has been tested to work with
> the
> > new version and that upgrading should work correctly?  For every new
> major
> > Myth release?

> I'm not sure I understand why you think that the Mythbuntu control
> centre wouldn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

it didn't work for the guy above.  His system got upgraded to 0.27.
 Granted he can fall back to 0.26 without any DB issues.  However, if there
is an eventual change to 0.27's DB or 0.28 and this happens again, it could
be a bad time recovering data.  It was just a thought to have a nice public
announcement.