[mythtv-users] OTA and attic antenna

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:45:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:
> I am considering moving from cable to OTA and was wondering if any on this
> list would have any recommendations for an attic antenna.

Attic antennas often cause problems with reception of digital signals.
The walls of the attic cause reflections resulting in multi-path
interference. This causes ghosting with analog signals, or complete
loss of signal with digital.

This is dependent on the materials used to construct your house and
the strength and direction of signal arrival, so take this only as a
recommendation.

I think you'd be better off with something outdoors.

Tom