[mythtv-users] OTA and attic antenna

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Wed Oct 3 16:17:11 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 09:14 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
> I am considering moving from cable to OTA and was wondering if any on
> this list would have any recommendations for an attic antenna.
>
> All of my PC TVCards are analog and it's time to move to digital. I am
> hoping to go with OTA with an attic antenna running to HDHomeRun (my
> linux box only has PCI slots, so this seems the best option) with MythTV.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc
>
> [1]
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006663&IsNodeId=1&Description=silicondust&bop=And&Order=PRICE
> --
> Marc Paré
> Marc at MarcPare.com
> http://www.parEntreprise.com
> parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
> parEntreprise.com Supportshttp://www.LibreOffice.org

In the US, I used this link: http://www.antennaweb.org/

The call tell you where your local broadcast transmitters are and make a
recommendation the best type of antenna.

I am guessing you are in Canada based on the link above, but hopefully
they would have some useful info on different types of antennas.

Michael