[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:17:28 UTC 2012

On Oct 3, 2012 8:33 AM, "Martin Moores" <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Afraid my update to 0.26 did not go so well:
>
> user at MYTHTV1:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
> 2 not fully installed or removed.
> After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> Setting up mythtv-database
(2:0.26.0~master.20121003.6a7e351-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2) ...
> ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 22: No database selected
> dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
1
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
>  mythtv depends on mythtv-database; however:
>   Package mythtv-database is not configured yet.
> dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> No apport report written because the error message indicates it's a
follow-up error from a previous failure.

>  mythtv-database
>  mythtv
>

> So, looking around, there are a number of threads on this.  Most suggest
that the username/password may be wrong in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and
therefore it cannot connect to the database.

> I have reset the passwords for mythtv@% and mythtv at local in phpmyadmin,
to match those in mysql.txt, but to no avail.

> Has anyone else had issues on this?  This hasn't happened before on
version upgrades.

> Cheers!
>
> Martin

I believe that starting with 0.26 the mysql.txt is no longer used.