[mythtv-users] A Plea to the Programmers

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Oct 3 01:52:42 UTC 2012

> > 2. accessible themes for vision impaired (but not blind)... high
> contrast,
> > large print, few distractions.
>
> readability theme is quite good - the screen is a bit far away in our
> bedroom and readability means  I can actually, errr, read it!

Certainly a step in the right direction, but not really intended as an
accessible theme... I'm talking about a theme that is not really
comfortable to use for those of us who see well:

Main menu would only have one or two items in VERY large type.
Schedule would have maybe three channels with only 1 hour for each, and no
description info taking up space.
Recordings screen would be arranged so that all type faces are very large
(say 4 inches tall on a 42inch set).
Selection cursors would need to be big and obvious without impacting
contrast.
Few, if any, images anywhere except a few highly visible icons.
etc.