[mythtv-users] Alternative for dicing .VOB needed

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:44:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Bob Long <bob at oblong.com.au> wrote:

> I'm no expert, but try ffmpeg:
>
> ffmpeg -i input.vob -sameq -ss 00:02:37 out.mp4

Bob,
Thanks for the input.  I got it working with a couple of tweaks -- had
to specify the output audio codec and bitrate.

Anyone-
I think I'm now seeing one of the things that I keep reading about
from others on the list -- the subtitles in the original video are
gone in the trimmed output file.  I tried adding "-scodec copy" to the
ffmpeg command string, but that did no good.  Is there something else
I can/should do or is this a no-win situation?

Craig.