[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Oct 1 18:23:10 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 18:41, Teruel deCampo MD wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 10:26 +0100, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>>
>>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
>>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>>
>>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
>>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
>>> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
>>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
>>> commercial cut points.
>>>
>>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
>>> pretty decent.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
>> the script I use:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>
>> Cheers,
>> 	Paul.
>
> Paul how do you use your script?
>
> 1. setup a job and point to your script

Yes, here's an example of one of my mythtv user jobs:
   /home/paul/bin/mythar --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
--title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
/home/public/video/Archive --passthrough --interlaced

That example keeps the same frame size and maintains the interlace.
For most transcodes you probably want to drop the --interlaced option.
I have four jobs two that maintain the frame size and two that convert
to 1280x720. Each set has interlaced and not interlaced.

> 2. have a file with a cutlist

Yes, before setting off the user job, I use the
editor as normal to add cut points.

> 3. run your script in that file

Not sure what you mean: I set off the user job
from the frontend or from mythweb

> 4. where the output goes?

They end up where specified by --outdir, above. The original
recording is not deleted.

Cheers,
	Paul.