[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime /w Brighthouse?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Oct 1 16:29:31 UTC 2012

I fixed your top posting.  Please don't do it.  The prference on this
list is in-line.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 11:31:19AM -0400, Carl Johnson wrote:
> > David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > >(from a cci standpoint) is windows media center. sucks.
> > >
> > >What location?  TTBOMK, Only HBO and some related channels are copy
> > >protected on FIOS.
>
> i'm in the eastern US. everyone is using cci in varying degrees now
> though. windows media center is the only way to get ALL the channels
> available with a cable card (outside of a cable card settop) is what
> i meant by "works".

The OP asked about the HDHR *Prime*, hence, it's reasonable (though
not absolutely so) to believe he knows about CCI issues.  Your post is
potentially misleading to him and others because the Prime and Ceton
devices with cable cards are very usable for many MythTV users on
FIOS, many Comcast locations and some other cable companies.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net