[mythtv-users] CoreContext dvbchannel.cpp:347 (CheckFrequency) DVBChan(23:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0): Your frequency setting (10906000) is out of range. (min/max:950000/2150000)

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Nov 29 15:50:31 UTC 2012

Mike Perkins wrote:

> On 29/11/12 09:35, Per Jessen wrote:
>> Jksj wrote:
>>
>>> I followed the wiki at
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev. You have to
>>> identify a unique feature of each device. Display them using.
>>>
>>> udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0)
>>> then
>>> udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0)
>>> etc.
>>
>> Ah, thanks - much appreciated.  It looks like my Hauppauge cards
>> don't have anything unique to identify them by.  They do have a
>> MAC-address, but that is not listed in the udevadm output.
>>
> That's ok - if there's nothing to uniquely identify them then it
> shouldn't matter which order they go in, no?

Well, the funny thing is, they have both a MAC address and a serial#,
but those infos aren't shown by udevadm.  They are however displayed by
the tveeprom module.

Anyway, I also have a third card, not Hauppauge, dual tuner. I want
these two tuners to be adapter0 and adapter1, and the Hauppauge cards
to be adapter2 and adapter3.  I've tried using "adapter_nr", but
results seemed somewhat random, which is why I wanted to use a udev
rule.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.2°C)