[mythtv-users] writeData: Error, zerocnt timeout , writeStringList: Error, No data written on writeBlock ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Nov 29 09:00:44 UTC 2012

Last night my mythtvfrontend began to stutter, occasionally
freezing for 5-10 seconds. It got increasingly worse, which would
hold up the client to the point where I had to kill it.  After
restarting the backend 2-3 times, things were back to normal.

In the backend log I found a bunch of these :

ProcessRequest mythsocket.cpp:504 (writeData) - MythSocket(25d9740:65): writeData: Error, zerocnt timeout

http://files.jessen.ch/mythtv-writeData-Error-zerocnt-timeout

I also got a bunch of these:

ProcessRequest mythsocket.cpp:389 (writeStringList) - MythSocket(22bcf20:-1): writeStringList: Error, No data written on writeBlock (1 errors)

http://files.jessen.ch/mythtv-writestring-No-data-written-on-writeBlock

My setup is a couple of weeks old, frontend+backend on openSUSE
12.2, hauppauge DVB-S cards, mythtv 0.25, kernel 3.4.11.  The
frontend is connected via wifi.

All hints or pointers much appreciated!

thanks
Per