[mythtv-users] Programming remote button bindings (WAS: What major features are planned for 0.27?)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 07:59:09 UTC 2012

I wrote:

>>filtered by X),
>
>BINGO !
>ir-keytable tells me that all the keys I can't get to work have
>codes greater than 0xff.
>
>So I'm off to make a copy of the rc6_mce keymap and fix some of these.

Well I now have Back, Pause, Info, Commercial skip forwards/back, and
Menu working, plus the numeric digits. Along with the keys that
already worked, that covers almost all my usage :)

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

>There was some work being discussed (Jarod may have been part of it?) to allow
>the linux kernel ir codes >255 to be able to be used via X, but it was stated
>to be major work, and unlikely to be seen any time soon.  You can
>probably find
>the list archives regarding this if you search the various X11
>lists, and maybe
>find the status of any work and/or possible schedules for work.

To me that seems the logical place to fix the problem - it doesn't
seem to make sense to me capturing IR buttons and then sending
keycodes through into a system that's going to filter most of them !
Presumably (other than using LIRC) there's no way for Myth to access
the codes before they get filtered ?

In the meantime, I guess the easiest thing to do is find the header
file where all the keycodes are defined, pick a bunch of codes
(probably all those >=128) and modify my IR code table to use those.
Then back to figuring out what is what in the very long list of Myth
keybindings.

--
Simon Hobson