[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 19:30:54 UTC 2012

> The older TV can display the higher res recordings. You just need
> a sufficiently powerful frontend to handle the decoding. Any cheap ION
> box is more than adequate for this.
Really?  The FE in question has a 2.4 GHz P4.  If I feed HD thru to the
TV, it displays garbage.  Jumpy, torn, scrolling garbage image; sound is
similar.  Do you know of a way to feed HD to a std def TV successfully?
> You really don't have to go to all of the trouble of replicating
> Elgato's dual recording approach. MythTV can scale the high res stuff.
Oh, do you mean transcoding the HD down to SD on the BE, and then
passing it on to the FE?

Joe Henley