[mythtv-users] Stutter when upscaling

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Mon Nov 26 19:23:19 UTC 2012

Hey all,

  When I playback 720p captured playback on my 1080p frontend I have horrible stutter.  However, captured 1080i works fine on the 1080p frontend, and captured 720p works fine on my 720p frontend.
I cannot seem to figure out why this is, but I would like some help.

I have two HDPVR's, from two Cisco STBs.  It seems to be the playback, not the recording.  So, my 1080p frontend doesn't seem to have the ability to upscale this correctly/efficiently.
Can anyone propose some ideas, or where to look?

I do not show any errors in the logs during playback, and this also happens with LiveTV.

Thanks!