[mythtv-users] Powerline ethernet

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:50:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Steve Netting <steve at moonfoundation.com> wrote:
> It seems to work well for some people and not for others.  Keep in mind
> that just because your equipment continues to work doesn't mean your
> neighbours are so lucky.

Also note that (at least in the US), *you* are responsible for any RF
noise radiated that interferes with others (unless you can show the
other device is not properly shielded).  Especially if you live in
shared space (apartments/condos/townhouses) or even share an
outside plant transformer, your radiation can impact your neighbors,
and while this is the "me" generation, the FCC takes a slightly
different view of shared responsibility.  Steve is correct.  Listen to
Steve.

Gary