[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv-backend

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Nov 23 01:27:17 UTC 2012

On Nov 22, 2012 11:04 AM, "Harry Devine" <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/22/2012 1:55 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>>
>> Are you doing a dist-upgrade? Because 0.26 has new dependencies which
requires a dist-upgrade

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Harry%20Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net>
wrote:

>>> OK, now that I got my database issues figured out, I'm trying to run my
new backend.  It appears to be version 0.25.2
(0.25.2+fixes.20120802.46cab93-0ubuntu1 to be exact).  I tried to tell the
mythbuntu-control-center to use 0.26, but whenever I try to update, I get
an error saying that the ppa.launchpad.net could not be found.  If I look
at the Synaptic Package Manager and filter on myth, I get most packages are
0.26, but some main ones that are of concern to me, namely mythtv-backend,
mythtv-frontend, and mythweb, are all showing up at 0.25.2.

>>> How can I update those 0.25.2 to the same 0.26 versions that the other
myth packages are at?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Harry

> I just tried that and it said that there is nothing to install.  My
Ubuntu 12.10 is up to date.

> Harry

Can you post your Mythbuntu file from /etc/apt/sources.d/