[mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Nov 22 02:43:21 UTC 2012

Sent from my iPad

On 2012-11-20, at 11:12 PM, Harry%20Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]

The should no space between the -p and the mysql password. There must be a space after the -u user bit. And it is clearly confusing to use the generic name of the *database* as the password.

Use mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv  (or -pmythconverg) if that is actually the password.  But you did not confirm that you can get in using 'mysql -u root -pyourrootpassword'  it is implied that you can but lets be sure.

Delete ALL config.xml files but the one in your myth user's home folder. Symlink all others to there to avoid stupid errors. Set the bind address to 0.0.0.0 to start (that's wide open: fix later, this is for debugging).

Geoff