[mythtv-users] [0.26] Mythvideo Jump Ahead does not always work

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 21 12:39:19 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 05:40 AM, Günter wrote:
> I am rather new to Mythtv. This behavior took me 6 hours to figure out what
> was going on and that I cannot cure to have normal jump. It is undocumented
> in the wiki keybinding section. I thought it is a misbehavior in Lirc. As
> Lirc isn't the easiest beast. Having undocumented features is a pest.
>
> For what I like mythtv most is it very fast skipping, which I like in 1
> minute intervals, skipping through a complete movie takes 5-10 seconds,
> great. Chapter Jumps are useless ! It even jumps back sometimes instead of
> forward, once more it is useless.
>
> Hope to get normal jump ahead behavior also for media sources with chapter
> information.

Eventually, I'll unroll all the "overloaded" key bindings (those where
rather than add a new action for a new action we just reused an
unrelated action) so that users can define each action specifically (but
those who want can just map the action to the unrelated binding).  I
have the plan for how to do it, but just need to make the time.

Mike