[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 20 15:29:50 UTC 2012

On 12-11-20 10:21 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> And, FWIW, mythfrontend can look /very/ good, too--just requires some
> people to actually help with theming it (rather than just saying that
> XBMC is better and recommending we drop mythfrontend)...

To be clear, my previous comments about moving the mythfrontend playback
functionality into XBMC "officially" has/had nothing at all do to with
eye-candy but was purely in response to the statement that DVD play
works perfectly over there and seems to be no end of trouble in
mythfrontend with no apparent desire to fix that.

I don't know what the "contributing developer" count/quality of XBMC
(and it's add-ons) vs. mythfrontend (and it's own plugins) is, but I
just get a sense that there is more of a critical mass with XBMC.

I'm just trying to explore if a single XBMC (with official mythtv
support from the existing, experienced mythfrontend developers) with
it's existing contributions as well as adding the mythfrontend
developers wouldn't end up being a greater value (to at least the Mythtv
community) than just the sum of it's parts.

IOW, "leverage".

b.