[mythtv-users] OK, how is the general perception of 0.26? Anyone running it with a PVR-350 or similar

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Sun Nov 18 14:30:54 UTC 2012

All,

I'm being bit by the ivtv/0.25.3 race condition bug that causes the ivtv
driver to unload.  I'm considering upgrading to 0.26 but I wanted to see
what the general perception of 0.26 is.

I use mythtv with only most basic features.  I  have a dedicated
mythbackend that schedules and records.  My kids use mythweb to watch
the videos they want and I use the mythlink contributor script to export
links to the recordings in a more human feedback.

Thats really it.  I have a PVR-350 for recording and I'm controlling a
comcast DTA box.  The only "extra" stuff I had to do was unload the
standard lirc and load the KMDL version.

I suspect that I'm being a bit paranoid and that its quite stable,
especially for what I want to do but I thought I would ask first.  I
just upgraded from 0.24 less than a month ago because of a rebuild of
the box and I'm only looking now because of the recording bug I'm hitting.