[mythtv-users] 0.25.3: 0-Byte recordings, how to fix?

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Sat Nov 17 09:20:11 UTC 2012

Hi John, all:

>>> No guarantee that this is the problem, but the EIT option is in
>>> mythtvsetup > Capture card setup > Recording options.
>> Using this option, I can only turn off active EIT for both tuners,
>> right?
> Wrong: there should be a separate page for each tuner...

That is interesting... Is there any way how I can set this up
correctly? I have configured one tuner with up to 2 simultaneous
recordings.

>> In any case, I disabled active EIT scanning to see if that helps.
>> This
>> morning, I had 15 0-byte recordings, none succeeded...
> But it doesn't sound like the cause, for you.

Oh, it appears it is! Since I have disabled active EIT scanning, I have
not yet had any further 0-Byte recording. The issue is, of course, that
my TV guide data is suffering. Is there any way to triger an active EIT
scan from command line at a certain time?

Thanks, Chris