[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Nov 14 19:34:49 UTC 2012

On 13.11.2012 23:17, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:57:22 -0000, Simon Hobson
> <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I find I get duplicate recordings anyway - and I've only used
>> XMLTV RT feed. I'm sure broadcasters are repeating programs with
>> different data. As Mike says, as long as you have enough resources, it
>> doesn't take log to zap them afterwards - or you can keep an eye on
>> upcoming recordings and zap them there.
>> At least CSI* are including series/episode numbers, and 5 seem to have
>> a habit of repeating multiple series interleaved - a lot of series
>> still don't seem to.

> Interesting to hear.
>
> However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be
> sticking with EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a
> mystery to me but I now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of
> the future.

The programids are made up by mythfilldatabase to match the
schedulesdirect programid style.

Its been suggested to transport the crids from various sources through
xmltv into mythtv via a dedicated episode-num system but so far no one
stepped up to do the work.

But as others have already hinted, crids are just another system to
identify content, but they are not global. If you are looking for that
you need to get tvbrainz off the ground so we can start building an
internet scale episode id.

> I rarely watch Ch 5 but pick up a lot of old stuff from Dave and they're
> a nuisance. As you say, they interleave season & episodes and I was
> hoping of watching them in some sort of order for a change.

Regards,
Karl