[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 22:59:36 UTC 2012

On 13/11/12 22:17, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:57:22 -0000, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I find I get duplicate recordings anyway - and I've only used XMLTV RT
>> feed. I'm sure broadcasters are repeating programs with different data. As
>> Mike says, as long as you have enough resources, it doesn't take log to zap
>> them afterwards - or you can keep an eye on upcoming recordings and zap them
>> there.
>> At least CSI* are including series/episode numbers, and 5 seem to have a habit
>> of repeating multiple series interleaved - a lot of series still don't seem to.
>>

> Interesting to hear.
>
> However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be sticking with
> EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a mystery to me but I
> now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of the future.
>
> I rarely watch Ch 5 but pick up a lot of old stuff from Dave and they're a
> nuisance. As you say, they interleave season & episodes and I was hoping of
> watching them in some sort of order for a change.

Underwhelmed with the RT data? All 14 days of it? I'd hate to have to plan round
a holiday with only today's data, or even now & next.

Program IDs are meaningless but the point is that they should be unique (like a
GUID). RT provides series (season) and episode # which is what makes it all work.

--

Mike Perkins