[mythtv-users] Autoplay subtitles?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:17:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com>wrote:

> **
>
> OK, I used the mkvmerge gui (mkvtoolnix-gui packge on ubuntu). What I did
> was : Add an avi file and an srt file. Select the subtitle track in the
> 'Tracks, chapters, and tags' box and set the language to English and set
> 'Forced track flag' to 'yes'. I left all the other settings at the default
> values. Then click 'Start Muxing'. It'll create an mkv file. That's all I
> did. You can use mediainfo or mkvinfo to verify that that 'Forced' flag is
> set for the subtitles track. I'm using mkvmerge GUI version 5.1.0.

Mark,

Thanks for the instructions, I was able to easily reproduce the situation.
 The problem with the MythTV code is that all the forced subtitle track
logic is limited to DVD-style AV subtitle tracks.  It will take some
reorganization to apply that to embedded text subtitle tracks as well, but
I'll look into it.

Jim