[mythtv-users] Which tuner did MythTV use?

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Nov 12 23:50:55 UTC 2012

On 13/11/2012 9:38 AM, Ray Lischner wrote:
> I have two HDHomeRuns (four tuners), and at least one tuner seems to
> be failing. Episodes sporadically come in clean, partially, or not at
> all. My problem is identifying the failing tuner(s). By checking which
> tuners MythTV planned to use for upcoming episodes, and comparing that
> with failed recordings, I have been able to identify one problem tuner
> so far. I need to repeat the exercise because episodes continue to
> fail unpredictably. This process takes time and causes the necessary
> loss of episodes. What would make this process faster would be if
> MythTV remembered the tuner that it used to record a program.
>
> My question: Does MythTV in fact keep track of which tuner it used? If
> so, where in the database does it keep this information? (I could not
> find it.)
>
> Does anyone else consider this to be useful information? Or is it so
> specialized to this one situation that it isn't worth the effort?
On 0.25 you could use something like *cat
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | grep "Rec" | grep "Status"*. This will
give you information like:

Nov 12 18:28:02 mythone mythbackend[1785]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2513 (HandleRecordingStatusChange) Tuning recording: "A
Current Affair": channel 1207 on cardid 10, sourceid 1
Nov 12 18:28:05 mythone mythbackend[1785]: I CoreContext
scheduler.cpp:637 (UpdateRecStatus) Updating status for "A Current
Affair" on cardid 10 (Tuning => Recording)
Nov 12 19:04:01 mythone mythbackend[1785]: I CoreContext
scheduler.cpp:637 (UpdateRecStatus) Updating status for "A Current
Affair" on cardid 10 (Recording => Recorded)