[mythtv-users] Skipping sound with some News Feed podcasts under .26

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:32:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mentioned this back when I had some HDMI problems, but since
> everything else is fine, I thought I'd start a new thread.
>
> I've checked out a few podcasts and one I occasionally listen to, Adam
> Carolla's, doesn't play properly through Myth .26's Information
> Center->News Feeds
>
> The other podcasts I've tried sound fine, but this one sounds like
> it's skipping forward...that quick scanning sound of bits and pieces
> of voice/music that you get when you fast forward on some mp3 players.
>
> I was able to listen to this just fine under Myth .25 and Ubuntu 10.x
> but since moving to 12.04 and .26 this one podcast has become
> unlistenable.
>
> Any ideas? The rss feed for the podcast is here:
> http://theadamcarollashow.libsyn.com/rss

An update: I tail -f the mythfrontend.log and try the podcast again.

It tossed up a ton of lines like:

mythfrontend[30394]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2095
(PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(h): Waited 19271ms for video buffers
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAf

I let the audio run for a bit and then finally the error "Video frame
buffering failed too many times" came up on screen.

Just curious: why is it complaining about video buffers when it's an
audio podcast?