[mythtv-users] Help with getting a Yuan MPC788 MiniPCI DVB tuner to work with MythTV!

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:02:46 UTC 2012

On Nov 11, 2012 10:59 AM, "dom at dombov.com" <dom at dombov.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to build a MythTV box for the mother in law, using her old
Acer Aspire L3600 mini PC, which handily comes with a built in Yuan MPC788
mini PCI DVB tuner. The only problem is, it doesn't seem to want to work. I
have installed Mythbuntu on the machine (which works fine) and everything
is going smoothly until I try to configure the DVB card. Nothing seems to
work, and I did start to wonder if the card was actually working, but I
dual booted back into Vista, set up the Windows Media Centre and managed to
get the card showing live TV, so it does work.

> Does anyone have any ideas/solutions for how to get this working for her,
as the only alternative I can think of is buying a USB tuner, which seems a
shame when there is one already inside. I found some information about
downloading the Windows firmware/driver and then running a perl script to
extract the firmware so that Linux could handle it, but still, nothing
works.

> Any help much appreciated.

go to linuxtv.org and look in the wiki to see if your card is supported.